Monday 21 January 2013

How To Do A Winged Eyeliner

I know there are alot of people out there that struggle to do a winged liner .It is one of the hardest to get right but the more you practise the better you will get . I am going to show you a cheat that will help you to confidently apply your liners. There are many products out there you can use , these range from Gel Liners, Liquid Liners, Pen Liners , Cream liners, Felt Liner etc. The main thing is to find a product you are comfortable with . The next thing is that if you are using a brush , make sure you have a good brush to apply the liner, there's so many brushes out there that you can use the main brush I like to use is a fine liner brush , I have pictured it below and I bought it from a website called Crown Brushes . The brush is called a Taklon Liner C250-1 and cost only £1.62. This brush is great for detailing and even better for doing perfect flicks on your eyeliner, I feel I have the most control with this brush and gives me the perfect finish . I am using Maybelline Gel Liner for this tutorial 



Step 1 : Get a piece of sellotape , take some of the tackiness off it by rubbing it on the back of your hand or clothes, apply the tape to the outer corner of your eye. you can also keep tape on for when you are applying you eyeshadow it will give you a nice,crisp line and shape. 











 Step 2: With your chosen liner draw a line from you inner corner right upto the tape, small strokes are better, starting as close to your lashline as possible and building it up gradually .
 Step 3 : From the outer corner draw a line following your tape , this is your flick. The length of your flick is totally up to you .














Step 4: From the top of your flick , fill in the line and connect it to your lashline .
 Step 5 : Remove the tape and you should be left with a nice neat line and flick.

I hope this technique helps you to start wearing you eyeliner with confidence. The main 3 step to liner is to first create the line above the lashline, secondly draw a line for your flick from the outer corner & finally connect the flick to the lashline. Another way to get your straight line without using tape is by placing a card with a straight edge or even using a folded up piece of tissue. Its all about practising xxx

Any questions or feedback . please dont hesitate to contact me . Follow me on Twitter @cosmeticzjunkie and like my page on Facebook at Cosmeticz Junkie . 

No comments:

Post a Comment